Fall is one of the most beautiful times of year, and there are all kinds of fun fall activities where you can take some super cute Instagram photos. From corn mazes to hayrides and pumpkin patches, fall has got it going on. Sometimes, it can be tough to decide how to perfectly caption your fall Instagram photos. That’s exactly why we put together this list of the Top 155 Fall Instagram Captions and Quotes! We have a whole range of caption and quote ideas that are perfect for your 2022 fall photos.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in the below article are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. All opinions on the Best Fall Instagram Captions are our own. Click here for the full disclosure statement. Thank you for supporting the businesses that support us!
Why Is Fall Sometimes Called Autumn?
Have you ever noticed that people seem to alternate referring to the season as fall or autumn? The two terms are actually interchangeable, as they both refer to the time of year in between summer and winter. The only difference is fall is considered the more casual of the two words, while autumn is more formal. Fall is also more commonly-used in American English, while autumn is the more popular choice in British English.
What Makes Leaves Change Color in the Fall?
One of the most beloved parts of fall is the changing of leaves as they turn from green to vibrant shades of red, yellow, and orange. This process occurs as chlorophyll, which gives leaves their green color, is broken down due to changes in sunlight as the days get shorter and colder.
What Are Some Good Sayings About Fall?
There are countless sayings about fall that also double as great 2022 fall Instagram captions! Some of the classics are “it’s fall, y’all!” and “sweater weather.” Many sayings also reference the changing of seasons and how fall is an important reminder that some things must come to an end for others to begin.
Top 155 Fall Instagram Captions and Quotes for 2022
If you’ve ever struggled to caption your epic fall Instagram post, we have over 155 possibilities to make your fall photo stand out!
Best Fall Instagram Captions
First up, we’re sharing some of the best all-around fall Instagram captions for 2022. These captions are great for all your fall photos because they encompass some of the best that fall has to offer.
- Sweater weather is here
- Happiness is a hot drink on a cold day
- Fall, it’s nice to see you again
- It’s time to get cozy
- Fall isn’t a season, it’s a lifestyle
- There are two times of year: autumn, and waiting for autumn
- It’s cider time, baby
- Autumn exists to remind us that things must end to begin again
- All I need is tea and fuzzy socks
- Time for all things flannel
Best Fall Instagram Quotes
Sometimes, it’s best to leave it to the professionals. A great way to help your fall photos stand out on Instagram is to share them with a fun fall quote. So many authors, artists, and other public figures have shared some very quotable thoughts on the season, and these are some of our favorites.
- “Autumn leaves shower like gold, like rainbows, as the winds of change begin to blow.” -Dan Millman
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” -Emily Bronte
- “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” -J.K. Rowling
- “As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see.” -Vincent Van Gogh
- “Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.” -Hal Borland
- “Fallen leaves lying on the grass in the November sun bring more happiness than the daffodils.” -Cyril Connolly
Funny Fall Puns and Captions for Instagram
If you want to brighten up someone’s day, make them laugh with your Instagram caption! There are so many fun sayings and puns about fall that make fantastic fall Instagram captions as well.
- I love fall most of all
- Ready to (pumpkin) spice things up
- Keep calm and fall on
- My favorite color is October
- I’m turning a new leaf
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice
- Why did the scarecrow win a prize? He was outstanding in his field!
- Orange is the new black
Funny Fall Quotes for Instagram
Another great way to add some humor to your fall photos is by captioning them with a funny fall quote. A little comic relief can go a long way in making your post memorable!
- “Spice, spice baby” -Inspired by Vanilla Ice, “Ice Ice Baby”
- “Autumn is a season followed immediately by looking forward to spring.” -Doug Larson
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Summer makes me drowsy. Autumn makes me sing. Winter’s pretty lousy, but I hate spring.” -Dorothy Parker
- “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” -Nora Ephron
Cute Fall Puns and Captions for Instagram
Of course, there are also lots of fall puns that lean more on the cute rather than the funny side. These fall photo captions work great with all kinds of fall-themed photos.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice
- I hate to be corny, but…
- Having a gourd old time
- Always be-leaf in yourself
- Go big or gourd home
Cute Fall Quotes for Instagram
One of the best ways to engage your followers is to share your 2022 fall photos with a quote that they can connect with. These fall quotes are cute and lighthearted, and sure to be a hit!
- “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” -Sarah Addison Allen
- “It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” -Diana Gabaldon
- “I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves.” -Ann Drake
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” -L.M. Montgomery
- “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” -Chad Sugg
- “It’s the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!” -Winnie the Pooh
Pumpkin Patch Captions for Instagram
One of the best fall activities is going to a pumpkin patch and picking out the perfect pumpkins for carving jack-o-lanterns! These pumpkin patch sayings and phrases are the perfect fall IG captions.
- How do you fix a jack-o-lantern? With a pumpkin patch!
- You’re the pick of the patch
- Carving out some time for fun this fall
- Pumpkin is the spice of life
- I’ve never met a pumpkin I didn’t like
- We’re the cutest pumpkins in the patch
- Stressed, blessed, and pumpkin-obsessed
Apple Picking Captions for Instagram
Aside from going to a pumpkin patch, another classic thing to do during the fall is apple-picking. There’s something so heartwarming about walking through an apple orchard and picking the best apples you can find. That’s why we picked only the best fall photo captions!
- The apple of my eye (and my pie)
- How about them apples?
- I find you a-peel-ing
- You’re the best apple in the orchard
- And they lived apple-y ever after
Falling Leaves Captions for Instagram
A great idea for your fall Instagram captions in 2022 is to reference the falling of leaves that happens every year. These falling leaf photo captions are the perfect way to help your leaf photos really pop this fall.
- Leaves are falling and autumn is calling
- “There is a subtle magic in the falling of old leaves.” -Avijeet Das
- Never too old to play in the leaves
- Make like a tree and leaf
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s Maybe-leaf
- The weather is unbe-leaf-able
- Fall breeze and autumn leaves
- “Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.” -Elizabeth Lawrence
- “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place” -Taylor Swift, “All Too Well”
Halloween Captions for Instagram
Of course, one of the most beloved days in the fall is Halloween! Halloween is the perfect opportunity to dress up and take some cute Instagram photos, so make sure you pair them with the perfect caption as well.
- Trick or treat yo-self
- I’m bat to the bone
- We’re having a bloody good time
- Hanging with my ghouls
- Meet my boo crew
- Ghouls just wanna have fun
- Have a very scary Halloween
- Mischief managed
- Eat, drink, and be scary
- If you’ve got it, haunt it
Romantic Fall Captions for Instagram
There’s something inherently romantic about the fall, and the season provides tons of opportunities to take super cute fall photos with your “boo.” These romantic fall captions will add a fun and flirty touch to your photos.
- Spicing things up this fall
- Let’s give them pumpkin to talk about
- Where you leaf, I will fall-ow
- Pumpkin kisses and harvest wishes
- We go together like pumpkin and spice
- I’ll never leaf you behind
Romantic Fall Quotes for Instagram
Some of the best songwriters and authors in the world have even written about how romantic fall can be! These romantic fall quotes are a great option for fall Instagram captions in 2022.
- “I’m still in love with you on this harvest moon.” -Neil Young
- “If the leaves are changing, I feel poetry in the air.” -Laura Jaworski
- “Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few. September November, and these few precious days I’ll spend with you” -Frank Sinatra, “September Song”
- “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.” -William Cullen Bryant
- “If I were a bird, I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns.” -George Eliot
- “You could have my heart or we could share it like the last slice (of pumpkin pie)” -Inspired by Drake, “Best I Ever Had”
- “If you were coming in the fall, I’d brush the summer by.” -Emily Dickinson
Fall Captions for Couples
Once you’ve scored that picture-perfect fall couple photo, it’s time to share it with the perfect caption! Whether you want to keep things fun or get a little flirty, these fall photo captions are perfect for 2022 couples.
- I love you more than pumpkin pie, which is saying a lot
- I think you’re a-maize-ing
- “Fall into these arms of mine, I’ll catch you every time.” -Clay Walker, “Fall”
- Sweater weather is better when we’re together
- I like you a latte
- You’re my number one boo
- I think you’re gourd-geous
- Still falling for you every day
- You’re the only one who can warm my heart on a cold day
- You’ve carved a special place in my heart
- You’re my sunshine on a cloudy day
Short Fall Captions for Instagram
For those who don’t want to overcomplicate their Instagram photos with long captions, these short fall captions are perfect for you. We kept things short and sweet so you can let your fall photos really shine.
- Autumn leaves and pumpkins please
- Don’t stop be-leafing!
- Can’t reply, too busy eating pie
- Early sunsets, warm tea, and cozy sweaters
- Leaf me alone so I can enjoy fall
- Goodbye summer, hello fall
Short Fall Quotes for Instagram
Don’t just take our word for it! There are plenty of short fall quotes that can be shared as fall Instagram captions as well. These are some of our top recommendations.
- “Another fall, another turned page.” -Wallace Stegner
- “Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end.” -Remy de Gourmon
- “Autumn shows how beautiful it is to let things go.” -Unknown
- “Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.” -Albert Camus
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
One Word Fall Instagram Captions
If you want to let your photo do all the talking, try captioning it with just one word! These are some classic one-world fall photo caption ideas.
Two Word Fall Instagram Captions
There are also plenty of two-word phrases and sayings that perfectly encapsulate fall. Some of them are a bit “punny” and others are timeless classics, so take your pick!
- Pumpkin spice
- Sweater weather
- Cozy vibes
- Changing leaves
- October skies
- Hay there!
- Harvest moon
- Twilight vibes
- Stay cozy
- Fall foliage
- Bundle up
- Cider time
Three Word Fall Instagram Captions
A lot of times, three words is the perfect sweet spot for an Instagram caption. Three words is just long enough you can get really creative, but not so long that you lose the reader’s interest. These simple fall captions are perfect for sharing all your photos from the 2022 season.
- It’s fall y’all!
- Falling for you
- I leaf you
- Fall is here
- Fall vibes only
- Best season ever
- Crispy, crunchy leaves
- Red, orange, yellow
- Channel the flannel
Best Fall Hashtags
Of course, what’s a fall photo without the perfect fall hashtag, too? These are some of the best fall hashtags to accompany your fall Instagram captions in 2022.
Funny Fall Hashtags
For those who want to keep things lighthearted and humorous, try using one of these funny fall hashtags. Hashtags are a great way to get your photo out to people all over the world, so use them wisely!
Best Fall Instagram Captions and Quotes Summary
Fall is the perfect time of year to cozy up and share some super cute seasonal photos. Maybe you went to a super fun Halloween party, or took a hike in the changing foliage, or maybe you’re just excited to break out the flannel! Whatever the occasion, your perfect fall photos deserve the perfect fall Instagram captions to match. This guide to the Top 155 Fall Instagram Captions and Quotes is a great tool to help you get inspired to share your 2022 fall photos with the world.