Last Updated on February 15, 2023
There truly isn’t much that can beat a day or weekend spent at the lake. From swimming and boating, to soaking up the sun and taking in the scenery, a visit to the lake always brings a sense of rest and relaxation. Even if you opt for a wintertime visit, there’s something magical about a frozen landscape, and lakes are truly picture-perfect any time of year. After taking some time to enjoy yourself and recharge, you’ll probably be leaving your lake vacation with some gorgeous photos you’re eager to share with the world. If you’re struggling to find the right words to complement your lake photos, look no further!
This guide to the 110 Best Lake Instagram Captions and Quotes is the perfect resource to level up your lake photos and make an impression on your Instagram followers.
You might also like these posts:
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in the below article are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. All opinions on the 110 best lake Instagram captions and quotes are our own. Click here for the full disclosure statement.
Table of Contents
Best Lake Captions and Quotes for Instagram
Taking a beautiful photo at a lake is not the hard part, coming up with the caption is! We have all of the best lake captions and quotes for your Instagram post sorted in the top categories below.
Best Lake Instagram Captions
From humorous phrases to sentimental sayings, these are some of the best lake Instagram captions that pair well with any and all of your lake photos.
- A visit to the lake is good for the soul.
- All you need is love… and the lake.
- Memories made at the lake will last a lifetime.
- Sunshine and lake water is all I need.
- Lake time is my favorite time.
- The lake is my happy place.
- The tans may fade, but the memories will last forever.
- I lake you a lot!
- Lakes are a little slice of heaven on earth.
Best Lake Quotes for Instagram
These lake quotes for Instagram are some of the best because they encapsulate all the best aspects of lakes, from the peace that they offer to the lessons we can learn from a visit to the lake.
- “Not every lake dreams to be an ocean. Blessed are the ones who are happy with whom they are.” -Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Even a pebble cast in the middle of a lake creates ripples that eventually reach the shore.” -Jeffrey G. Duarte
- “Make your heart like a lake with a calm, still surface and great depths of kindness.” -Lao Tzu
- “A little tranquil lake is more significant to my life than any big city in the world.” -Munia Khan
- “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” -Nicholas Sparks
- “The wilderness holds answers to questions we have not yet learned to ask.” -Alan S. Kesselheim
- “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I believe that water is the closest thing to a god we have here on earth.” -Alex Z. Moores
- “This lake exceeds anything I ever beheld in beauty.” -Percy Bysshe Shelley
Best Lake Life Quotes for Instagram
Everyone knows the best kind of life is lake life! These lake life quotes make for perfect Instagram captions.
- Lake rules: Sleep in. Read. Nature. Memories. Relax. Fish. Enjoy each moment.
- “There’s only one way to tackle life, enjoy a day at the beach, and jump into aa Great Lake: headfirst!” -Viola Shipman
- “Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- There’s no place like home… except the lake.
- “Looking out over the lake, I felt enveloped in the most peaceful, loving utopia.” -Laurie Khan
- Of all the paths you take in life, make sure some lead to the lake.
- “I grew up with the smell of the lake and the feeling of the woods.” -Steven Tyler
- Skip a stone. Take a hike. Sit a spell. Listen. Daydream. Just breathe. This is lake living.
- Time wasted at the lake is time well spent.
Best Frozen Lake Quotes for Instagram
A wintery landscape with a frozen lake is one of nature’s most beautiful offerings, and these frozen lake quotes for Instagram reflect just how moving it can be to experience in person.
- “I studied his eyes. They were nearly a color today, a frozen lake reflecting a clear blue…” -Cara McKenna
- “Man without dreams is a boat in a frozen lake.” -Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I must confess, that my heart is like a frozen lake, only pretends to be firm, to shroud its tearful ache.” -Akash Mandal
- “The barriers between reality and fiction are softer than we think; a bit like a frozen lake.” -Jasper Fforde
- “Some people look like frozen lakes: break the ice, there you will see a lively world!” -Mehmet Murat ildan
- “February brings the rain, thaws the frozen lake again.” -Sara Coleridge
- “Making a decision to write was a lot like deciding to jump into a frozen lake.” -Maya Angelou
- “In my dream I am standing on a frozen lake.” -Abigail George
- “If you are a boat and your lake is frozen, what can you do? You will wait for the spring!” -Mehmet Murat ildan
Best Lake Scenery Quotes for Instagram
Of course, one of the best aspects about visiting the lake is the beautiful scenery that goes along with it. These lake scenery quotes for Instagram are just as beautiful as the scenery they describe.
- “The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world.” -Georges Simenon
- “A lake is a landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Water creates so much beauty, life and mystery.” -Fennel Hudson
- “A lake so vibrant in color that it looks like a fine art painting.” -Stefanie Payne
- “A small pebble stirs the peaceful lake; the circle moved, a circle straight succeeds, another still, and still another spreads.” -Alexander Pope
- “Into a gradual calm, the breezes sink, a blue rim borders all the lake’s still brink.” -William Wordsworth
- “Who comes to the lake for water, and sees the reflection of the moon.” -Rumi
- “Become more introspective by visiting quiet places such as churches, museums, mountains and lakes.” -Wayne Der
- “I do not think the forest would be so bright, nor the water so warm, nor love so sweet, if there were no danger in the lakes.” -C.S. Lewis
Best Summer Lake Quotes for Instagram
Spending an afternoon or weekend at the lake is a quintessential summertime activity. These are some of the best summer lake quotes to pair with your lake photos during the warm summer months.
- Sunny days at the lake are my idea of heaven.
- “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” -Susan Branch
- If you’re lucky enough to live at the lake, you’re lucky enough.
- “Some days they last longer than others, but this day by the lake went too fast.” -Rilo Kiley
- “We didn’t realize we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.” -Winnie the Pooh
- “Every year my feet touch its murky water, my soul feels cleaner.” -Thomm Quackenbush
- “Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains.” -Diane Ackerman
- “I’m an old-fashioned guy… I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake.” -Johnny Depp
- “The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset.” -Stephen King
Inspirational and Beautiful Lake Quotes for Instagram
Many authors, artists, and public figures over time have drawn great inspiration from lakes all over the world. These lake quotes are inspirational and beautiful, perfect for leaving an impact on your followers.
- “If the lake sees the ocean, it will want big waves! If the ocean sees the lake, it will want calm days that last for years!” -Mehmet Murat ildan
- “If there are ripples on the surface of a lake, we cannot see the depth. Similarly, unless the mind is restful, we cannot experience the harmony and union within us.” -Sri Ravi Shankar
- “A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.” -William Wordsworth
- “Every lake belongs to the quietness desired by the swans.” -Munia Khan
- “Many drops make a bucket, many buckets make a pond, many ponds make a lake, and many lakes make an ocean.” -Percy Ross
- “Be calm like a calm lake, then you will look beautiful like a beautiful calm lake!” -Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Mindfulness arises when you allow your attention to fall effortlessly on the breathing point like an autumn leaf falling on a lake of still water.” -Amit Ray
- “My recollection of a hundred lovely lakes has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day.” -Hamlin Garland
- “Grace is like a lake of drinkable water right outside your door.” -Maya Angelou
Short Lake Captions for Instagram
Keep things simple by sharing your lake photo with one of these short lake captions for Instagram.
- I’m on lake time.
- It’s always better to wake at the lake.
- Lake hair, don’t care.
- Another day, another dip in the lake.
- Life is at ease with a lake breeze.
- Life is simple: just add water.
- Every day is lake o’clock.
- Nothing beats a sunset on the lake.
- I left my heart at the lake.
Short Lake Quotes for Instagram
Sometimes, it’s best to leave things to the professionals. Consider using one of these short lake quotes for Instagram if you’re unsure of how to caption your lake photos.
- “I’m gonna soak up the sun.” -Sheryl Crow
- “Let nature be your teacher.” -William Wordsworth
- “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” -Loren Eiseley
- “So lovely was the loneliness of a wild lake.” -Edgar Allen Poe
- “Water is the driving force of all nature.” -Leonardo da Vinci
- “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” -Wallace Stevens
- “The still waters of a lake reflect the beauty around t.” -B.K.S. Iyengar
- “The little lake you love is the biggest ocean for you!” -Mehmet Murat ildan
- “When the mind is silent like a lake the lotus blossoms.” -Amit Ray
- “Not all who wander are lost.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
One Word Lake Instagram Captions
You don’t need to use a lot of words to leave a big impression on your Instagram followers. These one-word lake Instagram captions are the perfect example of that!
Two Word Lake Instagram Captions
Two words is also a great length to keep your Instagram captions interesting without getting too wordy or complex. These two word lake Instagram captions are eye-catching and concise, perfect to let your lake photos do all the talking.
- Diving in
- Vacation mode
- Paradise found
- Lake vibes
- Relaxation station
- Currently reflecting
- Lake life
- Making memories
- Watching waves
- Always adventuring
Three Word Lake Instagram Captions
Three words really is the sweet spot for coming up with a catchy phrase or saying that will really stick with your Instagram followers. These three-word lake Instagram captions are some of our favorites to share your best lake photos with the world.
- Lake mode: activated
- On lake time
- It’s lake o’clock
- On an adventure
- Lake life forever
- Loving this life
- Just add water
- Needing some space
- Out of office
Lake Instagram Captions and Quotes Summary
A trip to the lake is always a good idea, regardless of whether you prefer visiting on warm summer days or during the winter when everything is snowy and frozen over. Lakes have the power to inspire us and turn our thoughts inward to reflect on the type of person we are and the type of person we strive to be. On a less serious note, lakes are also just plain fun and a great excuse to get outside for a couple hours or a couple days.
This list of the 110 Best Lake Instagram Captions and Quotes is the perfect tool for content creators who are struggling to caption their lake photos for Instagram. From funny and lighthearted sayings to deep, inspirational quotes, this list has a little bit of everything, and we hope you find it a helpful resource!